Pages

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Being a mother

Everything I am as a mother, I owe to my own mother. 
Happy Mother's Day to all the great mommas out there! 
To those first time mommas who are experiencing their very first mother's day (Angie you are doubly blessed!) to my own mother who has been doing it flawlessly for decades, you guys rock! 
 
I have learned so many things from being a mother the last 4 years. 
Some of things I am proud of, others not so much. 
Here are just of the few things I have discovered about being a mom.
 
You know you're a mom if peace and quiet is found in the bathroom. (just one minute, please!!)
 
You know you're a mom if most of your jewelry is made out of string and pipe cleaners.
 
You know you're a mom if "mom's night out" consists of you going to the grocery store.
 
You know you're a mom if you've caught vomit in your hand. (remember that Tony?)
 
You know you're a mom if a child in pain brings instant tears and heartache.
 
You know you're a mom if dandelions are the most beautiful flower ever.
 
You know you're a mom if you find baby wipes in every spot in the house. (purse, car, bathroom, bedroom, living room... everywhere!!!)
 
 
What are some other lessons you have learned by being a mother?


1 comment:

  1. #5 is definitely true with my poor Ella and her feet!

    You know you're a mom when you think your babies are just the cutest things EVER!! (yeah, other peoples kids are cute, but not like my J and E!!!)

    ReplyDelete