Pages

Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy three week Birthday Josie and Ella!!


My Saturday was spent loving on some babies this weekend. 
I had the pleasure of visiting our friends at the hospital and seeing their 3 week old babies! 
They are precious and the pictures don't even do justice how beautiful they are. 
They were born at 32 weeks and mommy had to be on bedrest at the hospital for 8 weeks prior to that!  What a Supermom!
This is baby Ella. 
She is a peanut.  She weighed 3 lbs. 8 oz. at birth.  
And this is baby Josie.  Named after her father. 
She had just graduated to a big girl bed when I got there. 
They sleep alot of the time but I did get a chance while I was there to see them awake and staring around.  Everything is so tiny. Their fingers, and toes, and little noses. 
Josie is going to be a piano player because she has long fingers and moves them so gracefully.
This is my SUPER happy moment. 
I got to hold both of them at the same time. 
I don't know how mommy and daddy are going to do it but they are going to have their hands full.
Ella with her eyes open and Josie sleeping. 
It was a great way to spend a Saturday doting on these two girls. 
I also enjoyed the 2 1/2 hour drive to Des Moines.  Really.
I grabbed my Starbucks and headed out with the music blaring.
I listened to a random group of artists belting out "Proud Mary", a little Michael Jackson, some Boys 2 Men, and to end the night a whole lot of worship music. 
Dancing in my seat in the car, I was probably a sight to see but I didn't care.  My kids would have had a great time dancing and singing and daddy would have been embarrassed.
It was a good day.
The best was the hugs when I walked in the door. 
You would have thought I had been gone a week, not just 12 hours. 
Best things about being a mom.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment