Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

One week in....

We are a week into the 2014 - 2015 school year.   
The big kids are in a routine and mornings are going very smoothly... so far. 
Lil Miss misses her brothers and sisters everyday while they are away.  
After we drop them off at school, she says to me "its only us mom."  
I know baby girl.  I know. 
We spent last week getting ready for camping.  
We hadn't camped since June so I had to get a lot of things around and 
dust alot of things off after not being used for over a month. 
The weather couldn't be more perfect for an August camping trip. 
The puppies were excited to camp too. 
The two older girls got to bring friends along. 
With 6 kids, 2 dogs, and 2 adults in the camper we had a great time. 


I am so glad I stocked up on glow sticks.  They come in handy 
at the campground after dark.  Seeing all the glowing neon rings running around on the playground 
makes it easy to see which ones belong to me!  
On Saturday night we had excitement.  
Gigi lost her first tooth!  
She had been pulling at this one "loose"tooth for months wanting it 
to fall out and for the tooth fairy to come.  Mommy was not prepared.  
She was all smiles as she walked up to me in the camper and told me that it came out at 10 pm at night!
Tooth Fairy made her first appearance in the camper. 
And if that wasn't enough excitement.  
Lil Miss met her teacher and starts preschool this week. 
Since the big kids have started school she has been counting down the days til she goes to school.  
Well the time has come.  
Friday she has her first official day without me.  
She loves her classroom, her teacher, and is not shy to raise her hand (or just shout out) 
answers.   I have no doubt she will be running the classroom in a week. 
The house is getting empty though.  
I can actually hear myself think. 
Not sure what I am going to do with all this time to myself, but I have started lists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment