Pages

Monday, August 25, 2014

First Day of Preschool

I just dropped off Lil Miss off on her second day of preschool.  
She has got this thing handled.  
It was our first Monday of getting all 4 ready for school and out the door.  
I would give us a B+  
We didn't forget anything so that's a plus, but we ran up stairs about a dozen times shouting "Oh, my glasses", "I need socks", "I forgot to brush my teeth", "Mom, what's that smell in the bathroom?" 
Luckily the "smell" was only one of the girls putting on WAY to much perfume, but this is how the second full week of school looks.   Messy.  
I wanted to share some of Lil Miss' First Day of Preschool pics from Friday. 
She was overjoyed to finally be able to put on her Doc McStuffins backpack and walk out the door with her brother and sisters.  The smile on her face was from ear to ear and never went away, even when the heavens opened up and there was a torrential downpour at the same time as drop off.  
Because of the onslaught of ran, I didn't get any pictures of her in front of school/church but I did take some at home before the rain came.  
 An apple for the teacher. 
 This picture is blurry because Lil Miss literally hopped out of the van and skipped into school.  
No turning back and waving, no last "mommy don't leave", this girl was ready for preschool. 
The rain coming down helped to hide the tears that were falling down my cheeks because my little girl had grown up.  

I was much more calm and collected when she came out to the van after school.
(after breakfast with hubby and some retail therapy)  
She had so much to say. 
She talked about her friends, the snack, the dress up clothes she played with, 
the books the teacher read, she was so excited to tell me about her first day. 
I know each day it will be hard to let her go.  
It's still hard everyday as I watch the big kids walk into school, but 
they are healthy and happy and no matter how much I try, I can't stop time. 
So here's to learning our ABC's, meeting new friends, and enjoying preschool to the fullest!
It's going to be a BIG year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment