Pages

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

P is for Polar Vortex

This is not a rant against the snow or the cold. 
I haven't really minded it.  
It hasn't cramped our style. 
After I get over the initial shock of changing plans (I really like my routines) my brain goes into overdrive on what we are going to do. 
It's an opportunity to do some fun stuff with the kids. 
The kids start jumping up and down as soon as school is called off. 
They know their momma has something fun planned.  
That is a lot of pressure... but I usually pull something out over the top for Snow Days. 
It can be as easy as blowing up 2 dozen balloons to play in the living room or 
building a pirate ship out of cardboard. 
I LOVE using my imagination. 

Below is how we survived the Snow Days so far. 
We made "snow cream" when our snow day actually included snow. 

If you haven't seen the recipe all over Facebook and pinterest it goes something like this:
 4 cups ice cream
1 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla 
MIX... that's it.  
 We have dance parties in the living room. 
  
 We paint and and make crafts

We eat whatever we have in the fridge.
We have adventures.
I turned the girl's bunk beds into a pirate ship and made a treasure map for them to 
find "treasure".   

We have cozy movie time.

......And then mommy rests.
  
And if we venture outside, we bundle up.
Snow days are fun, but they create one exhausted momma.
It's good that they only happen once in awhile!

"This is the day that 
the Lord has made; let us 
rejoice and be glad in it."
Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment