Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hallelujah, He is Risen!

Happy Easter!!  We are enjoying our time here in Ohio celebrating Jesus's resurrection with our family.  It's not about the jelly beans, the colored eggs, or the chocolate Easter bunnies (even though they are soooo good).  It is celebrating the fact that our Savior loves us so much that he died on the cross for us!  I hope you all enjoy the time with the family to day and remember that...
"God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him will have everlasting life."
John 3:16

Throughout Lent I have tried to have conversations with the kids about Jesus.  Some of my favorite moments are listening to them retell the stories to each other on how Jesus "got hammered" to the cross and then woke up and went to heaven while he was in a cave and his friends came to see him "like the funeral home" and he, like magic, disappeared.  Anyway the story is told it is still a miracle!  The kids and I have dug out the kids bible music the last couple weeks and I just adore when they are all singing "Deep and Wide" and "O Happy Day" in the van.  Music to my ears!  And just like me I have to make everything complicated so we do a round robin taking turns singing every verse to the song.  Lil Miss even has started to chime in with her shrills and skrieks.  I just want to hear everyone's voice individually and encourage each one of my children to keep singing!!!  Going to live in the moment and enjoy all the great rejoicing today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment